http://jancarolromancenovels.weebly.com MY NEW WEBSITE

This is my little block, in my little city.

I welcome comments, especially if they will help me help others. I'm open to receive your words.

I've been writing since I was 14, and normally I don't know how to stop. My notes become letters, my letters become books, and my books, well, they are definitely books! My published books can be seen at: http://www.jancarol.shorturl.com


Stop by often. Never know when I am going to say something profound... Yeah, right. I'm just me, a happy grandma of many, who loves to write!

Have a great day, and happy writing!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'm Thankful for a New Day, With No Mistakes at the Beginning

Today was definitely a better day!  My daughter drove me out to visit a church member, doing our visiting teaching.  The trees, though they getting bare, were showing more color than the ones in my backyard.  I was trying to read a message to my daughter as she drive, and it proved very hard because the sun was flitting in and out of the shadows of the almost-bare trees.

 I normally get car sick just riding in a car, ever since I had my eyes "fixed" and can no longer see well.  I have no depth perception, the reason I don't drive any more, and I'm not sure that's why I get car sick or if I'm reverting to my childhood when it was a plague.  But I armed myself with Motion-ez, a small bottle of natural herbal oils that you put a dab on in the soft spot behind the ear lobe.  It works very well!  I didn't get sick even when I was reading and the sun was flickering.  Couldn't see the words very well, but that's another story.

We talked with our member-friend for a while, well, we listened a lot  :-)  ,  we presented the message about God's promises, and we shared some interesting stories back and forth.  Wonderful time!  Then this sweet sister set up a wonderful lunch!  Was such a delicious meal.  We were there way too long, but it was such a good visit.

So, contrary to today's beautiful day, there was yesterday.  Outside it was as beautiful as today, the sun shining, the trees somewhat colorful, not too hot nor cool.  But I stayed inside doing a little crocheting, waiting to be able to use my computer.  I wrote a little, talked to a wonderful Florida friend-sister on the phone, and tried to relax.

When I got up at 7 yesterday morning, yes I am spoiled to sleeping in (except on Tuesday, my 57th birthday, I slept in until 9!), I turned on my computer as I normally do.  And just as normal, I left the computer to do it's warm-up cycle, went to the kitchen table and checked my sugar level (diabetes), did the little things I normally do when I get up, ate a piece of cheesecake -- great breakfast! -- and came back to my computer.  It was running, I heard it, there were a few lights on, but one was not...my monitor light!

I checked out the plugs, turned off the power strip everything is plugged in to and turned it on when everything was completely off, and still no monitor.  That's the extent of things I am willing to do.  If I was to get into the CPU and check the wires inside, I'm bound to unplug something and then we will have a problem.

That's when I went to the couch and wrote a poem that was in my head when I woke up; got out my crocheting that I will never get to while the computer works; answered the phone...  I got quite a few things done!  I could have gone in the bedroom and gotten on my husband's computer (see how blessed we are, we have 2 computers, his and hers), but my husband was sleeping in, something he never gets to do.  If I had turned on his computer the "beep" would have awoke him, then I'd have felt guilty for waking grumpy!  No, he isn't that bad.  I'm more grumpy in the AM than he is...

So, at 9:30, when the phone rang, my husband came out of the bedroom.  I remained quiet, other than wishing him a good morning, and let him check his sugar (yes, diabetes), eat his breakfast (no, I don't make it for him), and the little things he does first thing in the morning.  When he looked as if he was looking for something to get into...well, he was done with his morning rituals...I asked him to look into why my monitor was not working.

I could tell it really wasn't want he wanted to get into, but I don't think he had anything pressing to do.  He and I are both disabled, can't work at an 8-9 hour job daily, so we do what we can at home ( I write books! ).  No that's not true, my dear husband is always having to go somewhere, remember, I can't drive, it's all on him.

He started getting into the "what's wrong with this thing" that I wouldn't do, and I put my crocheting down for a few minutes to clear off my computer desk and the CPU (flat surfaces catch everything).  I know I should have had this done before he got up.


He asked for the vacuum cleaner, my granddaughter looked at him strange and asked "what vacuum cleaner?" as we have all laminate flooring and no need for one of them things.  He told her where she would find it, and he went about cleaning the CPU, which needed it about 3 months ago.  He had to go look for his lubricating gunk so he could put it an the needed places, etc.


What he discovered was wrong with the monitor was, AGAIN, the power pack stopped working.  It had gotten hot enough to warp (aka melt) the case.  I thank the Lord for watching out for us, it could have started a fire.  It was all done and back together by 1:30.


So, now I'm working on a small dinosaur of a monitor that had been stored out in the back room (not attached to the house).  I'm used to a very large, flat monitor...now I have a very small, fat monitor, it's sitting in my face!  I believe my husband made the type and things large for me...but everything is fuzzy.  I have enough problems with my eyes being fuzzy!  Oh, well, I can get to my email, work on my books, and come here and complain!  I shouldn't complain.

No one has a power pack for the better monitor around here, not that we have the money to purchase one yet.  Ten more days before we get our next check...

I'm not complaining, you know, just that when there is more month at the end of the money, it gets frustrating when something that important breaks down!

I know there are many hundreds of families out there who are in worse shape than we are.  We have a roof over our head, food in the cupboards (though it's getting a little hard to find what the granddaughters want to eat), and we have a vehicle (gas is another story) and comforting beds for when we get tired.  And more...


That brings me to last night.  One of our granddaughters said she wants a certain movie, one that she had recently watched and fell in love with.  "Letters to Juliet" she informs me.  I, as I always do, ask the important questions:


"Will it keep you warm?"
"Warm fuzzies," she answered with a giggle.
"Will it fill your belly?"
"With butterflies," she answered.
"Is it a roof over your head?" I was getting a little frustrated with the answers I was getting, because I usually get a 'no' to my questions which indicate a need in our lives, and we 'want' things that don't fulfill these needs.
Our other granddaughter answered this last question, and let me tell you, the answers came quickly from them.  "Open up the case and put it over your head!"


I think I found some smarties under my roof!  And, to make matters worse, now it is posted on the older granddaughter's FaceBook!  Now other teens will tell their parents these same things, but only if the parents ask those questions.  I'm sure they are going to be able to come up with their own answers to their parents questions about what is a need and what is a want.  * sigh *


So, we got through yesterday.  It took a while to get through my email because that's something I do first thing in the morning and every once in a while throughout the day, and I didn't get anything written on my books!  But I haven't done anything much today because of our trip this morning, and I was so tired when I got home, I laid down for a couple of hours.


Happy Weekend, everyone!


http://www.jancarol.shorturl.com

1 comment:

  1. Posting those answers on facebook is a little funny, I have to admit.

    ReplyDelete