http://jancarolromancenovels.weebly.com MY NEW WEBSITE

This is my little block, in my little city.

I welcome comments, especially if they will help me help others. I'm open to receive your words.

I've been writing since I was 14, and normally I don't know how to stop. My notes become letters, my letters become books, and my books, well, they are definitely books! My published books can be seen at: http://www.jancarol.shorturl.com


Stop by often. Never know when I am going to say something profound... Yeah, right. I'm just me, a happy grandma of many, who loves to write!

Have a great day, and happy writing!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

This is my Block...

Fall is falling outside!  The colors aren't as beautiful as they normally are in my back yard, but the leaves sure have been piling up on the ground.

This time of year, when the days are cool enough to sit outside, listening to nature while writing...  Wait a minute.  My computer isn't able to follow me out there, so I only wish I could sit out there and write!

Yes, I know, get a laptop!

We have one.  My son got it free from our FreeCycle@Yahoo.com.  The people said it kept shutting down on them.  It needed a good cleaning, a new battery, and a new cord.  The new cord decided to go "Zip Zap Zoom" all the way to the outlet, so that was wasted money.  Yes, he set it back, but never heard another word from them.  He's not very good at making waves, like his mother.


So, the old cord still causes the laptop to shut down, right when you're in the middle of things.  So, I don't use it.  My granddaughters use it a lot, but boy do they get mad at it.


So, I sit in my little corner of the living room, next to a window that can be opened, and is opened on warmer days.  When the sun is shining on me between 7:30-9:00 each morning, the window has to be open!  I love it open!


I've been talking with a real good email buddy of mine.  We are very close in our friendship, though we haven't hugged in person yet.  She calls me her mentor, and believe me, she is teaching me things!  I write romance books, she writes spiritual poems and true stories.

Though we don't write anything alike, we connect as writers.  Our friendship goes beyond that, but we have a connection as writers.  It's going to be fun to be able to fly down to see her one day soon.


I want to help her get her poems ready for publication.  It's become one of OUR goals.  I am just as excited as she is, as if they were my poems.  I've read them, I've helped edit them (very little), but I'm  not the author.  My biggest excitement is seeing her succeed.

I know her writings will be uplifting to so many people, as they have helped uplift me.  As soon as they are published, I will be helping send people to her books.  She is doing the same for me with my books.


As much as I am excited about getting my own books published, helping others is a great satisfaction for me.  I want to be able to help anywhere and everywhere I can.  So, if you are reading this, and want to know anything about getting things published, just ask.  I may not know all the answers, but I know what I know, and will share it with you.

I continue to write and get my books ready for publishing.  It is wonderful!


Hope you enjoy this weekend, and the week coming up!


http://www.jancarol.shorturl.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment