http://jancarolromancenovels.weebly.com MY NEW WEBSITE

This is my little block, in my little city.

I welcome comments, especially if they will help me help others. I'm open to receive your words.

I've been writing since I was 14, and normally I don't know how to stop. My notes become letters, my letters become books, and my books, well, they are definitely books! My published books can be seen at: http://www.jancarol.shorturl.com


Stop by often. Never know when I am going to say something profound... Yeah, right. I'm just me, a happy grandma of many, who loves to write!

Have a great day, and happy writing!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

So, here I am.  Sitting in front of my computer, looking at a blank, or mostly blank, screen and wondering what I am going to write about.  Sorry my text is large, but it's the way I can see it.
      Nature.  Isn't it great to be able to just sit outside and enjoy the  sights and sounds?  When was the last time you took time out to do that?  Doesn't matter what time of day or night, you can hear and see different aspects of nature at different times.
     Sit out in the woods sometime...that is if you don't live in a city.  If you do, you can find someone who lives in the country who wouldn't mind if you borrowed their woods.  I wouldn't
mind.  Look at the different trees.  There are many ways to tell how old a tree is, even without cutting it down and counting the rings.  There are crevices that can tell you much about the years they have seen.  Look at the leaves, especially this time of year.  You can compare   them to people, they come in many shapes and colors as do we.  Also like us, trees have seen many storms and battles, which have  shaped them.
     What have you seen in your life that has shaped you to what you are today?  Who in your life can you turn to and thank?  Of course there are our parents, the first people we knew.  They gave us life to begin with, and talked to us through the many months that we didn't understand the jabber, and they taught us how to talk. It's amazing how we learn to talk and understand what each word means.
     I could write about the many people who were in my life, but I'm not sure it would be of great interest.  It might interest those who I mention.  So, sit down sometime, maybe outside where nature is all  around you, and think back to those in your life who have influenced you  to become who you are today.
     I don't know your thoughts about God.  I'm a firm believer in God, and in his Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.  I know that the Holy bible is His Word.  I believe everything around us has  been created by Him for us to take care of and enjoy.  I know the Deity is a big influence in my life, and has helped shape who I am.
     I don't know why I love to write.  I just know the stories are in my head waiting to get out.  I just joined SheWrites.com, and I'm meeting new people all the time.  I want to help people in any area  of writing I can.  I'm not saying I'm perfect in any one area, just that I may have ideas someone else might not.  I'm also open to learning from others.
     Now that I've gotten 4 of my romance novels published, and I'm promoting them, I want to be able to help others accomplish this same thing, if that is one of their goals.  I am also writing children's  books.
     Maybe I'd better stop here.  I could go on and on and on...all day!  There are other days that I'll come and talk to myself and hope someone will venture over here and read...and comment.  Tell me what your goals are, if you have reached them or are having trouble finding the end.
     Go outside and enjoy the miraculous creations of Almighty God!
HAPPY WRITING!
JAN
http://www.jancarol.shorturl.com

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jan

    May I suggest something. Could you do away with the bold and highlighting of the text and use normal font, it would be easier to read. It seems to be doing a visual trick where one sentence merges into another. Just a suggestion

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete