http://jancarolromancenovels.weebly.com MY NEW WEBSITE

This is my little block, in my little city.

I welcome comments, especially if they will help me help others. I'm open to receive your words.

I've been writing since I was 14, and normally I don't know how to stop. My notes become letters, my letters become books, and my books, well, they are definitely books! My published books can be seen at: http://www.jancarol.shorturl.com


Stop by often. Never know when I am going to say something profound... Yeah, right. I'm just me, a happy grandma of many, who loves to write!

Have a great day, and happy writing!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Is Definitely Here!

I just came over to change and add a few things on my blog, and thought I might as well do some writing while I'm at it.

Spring is definitely here!  One never knows how to dress, if you have to leave the house early in the morning.  Unless, of course, you watch the Weather Channel, but even then, they aren't as accurate as the pain in my body!  Today we're expecting 82*, and tomorrow 90*.  That's quite warm!

My husband has been outside turning over the garden by hand and shovel.  He's not physically able to do that kind of work, but as he always tells me, who else is going to do it?  He does love his vegetable garden, though he doesn't plant a large variety, and when the cucumbers get ripe, he pickles them!  Yuck!  I love cucumbers, but pickles aren't my thing.  The ground needs more nutrients in it so we can get better growth with our plants.

My oldest granddaughter was planning on going out with her mother tomorrow to find a prom dress.  In a week she is going to her first, and maybe only, prom.  There are drawbacks to homeschooling.  This is a church prom for 16-17 year old youth, and she is really looking forward to it.  She had her doubts about going, because no one had asked her.  Then, Thorn B., who is a good friend, said he would take her.  He's more like a big brother to her.  Do you know what it's like trying to find a prom dress?  One was offered to her from her aunt, and looked nice on her.  One was given to her that really looked good on her.  Neither were pink!  So it's off to shop for the perfect dress!

Today, though, Thorn gave her bad news.  He has a ball game to play the night of the prom, and if he is not there, his coach will kick him off the team.  What a letdown for my granddaughters!  Not that Thorn can help it.  There is no one else to take her, as the few around here are already committed.  But, one never knows what can happen in a week.

Life is like that, ups and downs.  Sometimes we win, sometimes we feel like the world is against us.  I pray that all who read this will have a blessed weekend, and week coming up.  May God grant you the things that you need.


http://teambusiness.ning.com/?xgi=4zyhVjiGyEmFD4  for gifting others and receiving
http://www.virtapay.com/r/momofemmett   for a new way to do your online business!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great Spring. Nice to see you writing again. I like the family photo in colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little story. I pray your granddaughter gets a date, if not She will still enjoy herself. Tell her to be pretty in pink and she has all my best wishes. You have a lovely family.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete